In the Venezuelan city of Lechería, located in the state of Anzoátegui, there was a major explosion that caused four injuries, one missing person, and no fatalities. The incident was caused by the accumulation of direct gas, as reported by the Vice Minister for Risk Management and Civil Protection, Carlos Pérez Ampueda. The incident took place in the Pueblo Viejo Residences, located in the municipality of Diego Bautista Urbaneja, where the agency activated the action protocols.
Images of the scene of the incident have been shared by users on social networks, where a part of the residential area is in ruins and rubble. Rescue personnel are searching for a person reported missing.
According to Ampueda, the explosion caused the collapse of three structures and affected six vehicles. The government has taken steps to conduct a full investigation into what happened.
The accumulation of direct gas is a situation of risk and potential danger that should be avoided in residences and workplaces. It is important to take preventive and safety measures, such as checking and maintaining gas systems in good condition, avoiding leaks, and having adequate ventilation in areas where gas is used. In addition, it should be noted that in the event of a gas leak, it is essential not to turn on electrical switches or devices that generate sparks, as they may cause an explosion.
Leave a Reply